Location: Cranston Branch
Job Title: Electrician
Reports To: Cranston Branch
Salary/Hourly: Competitive Rates
FT/PT: Full Time
The Journeyman Electrician will perform a variety of skilled tasks such as maintenance, repair and installation of electrical or electronic equipment and systems.
- Knowledge of the safety procedures for installing, repairing and operating electrical systems.
- Knowledge of electronic theory and terminology.
- Knowledge of electrical safety codes for commercial buildings.
- Knowledge of operating, troubleshooting and maintaining electrical systems of various applications.
- Perform assigned tasks by the foreman/operations/project manager.
- Skill in reading and evaluating electrical blueprints, panel layout sheets and other technical schematics.
- Skill in performing physical inventory of materials.
- Ability to observe, compare or monitor data to determine compliance with prescribed operating or safety standards.
- Skill in using calibrated instruments to measure electrical current and voltages.
- Skill in drawing, interpreting and reading graphic instructions such as blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts or other visual aids.
- Skill in installing, troubleshooting and maintaining electrical systems.
- Make skillful, controlled manipulations of small objects (examples: assemble pegs, washers, collar units and inserting them into a small hole).
- Skill in operating motorized vehicles, equipment and hand tools.
- Skill in connecting wires to transformers, circuit breakers and other devices.
- Skill in testing and working with devices including oscilloscopes, ohmmeters, voltmeters and ammeters.
- Skill in working with word processing and computer drafting programs (CAD).
- Two year technical degree or equivalent work experience;
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30;
- Experience with system maintenance and installations;
- HVAC equipment knowledge;
- Journeyman Electrical License
- 4+ years of experience
The candidate will be expected to have the following skill set:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong computer skills required;
- Ability to respond to multiple priorities;
- Ability to work cooperatively with a staff of craft workers
Must be able to: Stand or Walk for long periods of time during a regular work day; use arms and hands to reach for, handle and manipulate objects; lift and carry materials weighing 50 – 100 lbs; climb up and down ladders, scaffolds, and other climbing devices; carry tools and equipment; work while in stooped, kneeling, crouched and crawling positions, be able to see naturally or with correction, to safely perform designated tasks. Perform assigned tasks under all types of environmental and weather conditions including severe cold, extreme heat, wet or dry weather and high winds.