Location: Cranston Branch
Job Title: HVAC Service Technician
Reports To: Cranston Branch
Salary/Hourly: $18-$45/Hourly & Prevailing Rate (when applicable) – Range is dependent on licenses and experience.
FT/PT: Full Time
The HVAC Service Technician is responsible for working as part of a construction and service team to start up, troubleshoot, commission and service DDC building automation systems for commercial HVAC systems.
- Commission, diagnose, and repair commercial HVAC projects;
- Interpret and create control drawings, plan and specifications to test programs;
- Point to point checkout, start up, and commissioning on assigned projects;
- Utilize hand tools, laptop and test equipment on site;
- Work with IT departments to enable remote web based access to building control systems
- Analyze problems and resolve issues to ensure overall system functions properly;
- Experience with BacNet protocol and Niagara AX/Tridium platform
- Ability to integrate factory controls into energy management systems including Boilers, Lighting Panels, Air Handlers, Condensers, Chillers, Exhaust Fans, Damper Actuators, Motor Starters, and a multitude of other HVAC and electrical related equipment.
- Two year technical degree or equivalent work experience;
- Experience with DDC control system maintenance and operation;
- HVAC equipment knowledge;
The candidate will be expected to have the following skill set
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong computer skills required;
- Network/IT skills required;
- Ability to respond to multiple priorities;
- Ability to distinguish between electrical, HVAC, control and IT problems