Location: Cranston Branch
Job Title: Plumber/Pipefitter
Reports To: Cranston Branch
Salary/Hourly: Competitive Rates
FT/PT: Full Time
General: Plumbers and Pipefitters assemble, install and make changes in pipe systems used to carry water, steam air and other liquids and gases. They install plumbing systems. They also install heating and refrigeration units.
- Study blue prints to see what kind and size of pipes are needed. Ensure full compliance with specifications and codes.
- Perform assigned tasks by the foreman/operations/project manager.
- Skill in performing physical inventory of materials.
- Skill in operating motorized vehicles, equipment and hand tools.
- Skill in reading and evaluating blueprints, layout sheets and other specifications for area of supervision.
- Installation of plumbing and piping.
- Skill in bending, cutting and connecting pipes.
- Skill with performance testing and compliance of piping systems.
- Install, maintain and repair large pipes such as those used in industrial settings.
- Two year technical degree or equivalent work experience;
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30;
- Experience with system maintenance and installations;
- HVAC equipment knowledge;
- Journeyman Plumber/Pipefitter License
- 4+ years of experience
The candidate will be expected to have the following skill set:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong computer skills required;
- Ability to respond to multiple priorities;
- Ability to work cooperatively with a staff of craft workers
- Must be able to: Stand or Walk for long periods of time during a regular work day; use arms and hands to reach for, handle and manipulate objects; lift and carry materials weighing 50 – 100 lbs; climb up and down ladders, scaffolds, and other climbing devices; carry tools and equipment; work while in stooped, kneeling, crouched and crawling positions, be able to see naturally or with correction, to safely perform designated tasks. Perform assigned tasks under all types of environmental and weather conditions including severe cold, extreme heat, wet or dry weather and high winds.