Location: Cranston Branch
Job Title: Sheet Metal
Reports To: Cranston Branch
Salary/Hourly: Competitive Rates
FT/PT: Full Time
Coordinates activities in the fabrication and installation of sheet metal products and equipment.
- Selects gauge and type of sheet metal according to products being fabricated and knowledge of metal.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of assigned craft workers. Interpret specifications, blueprints and job orders as needed for area of supervision.
- Interpret Company Policies to assigned craft workers and enforce all Company Safety Regulations.
- Establish and adjust work sequences to meet construction schedules, using knowledge of capacities of equipment and assigned personnel.
- Study schedules and estimate worker hour requirements for completion of the job. Analyzes and resolves work problems.
- Maintains time records and coordinates schedules.
- Create cost estimates for all bidding opportunities.
- Active Sheet Metal License from RI, MA or CT.
- Two year technical degree or equivalent work experience;
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30;
- Experience with system maintenance and installations;
- HVAC equipment knowledge;
The candidate will be expected to have the following skill set:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong computer skills required;
- Ability to respond to multiple priorities;
- Ability to manage a staff of craft workers
- Must be able to: Stand or Walk for long periods of time during a regular work day; use arms and hands to reach for, handle and manipulate objects; lift and carry materials weighing 50 – 100 lbs; climb up and down ladders, scaffolds, and other climbing devices; carry tools and equipment; work while in stooped, kneeling, crouched and crawling positions, be able to see naturally or with correction, to safely perform designated tasks. Perform assigned tasks under all types of environmental and weather conditions including severe cold, extreme heat, wet or dry weather and high winds.