Location: Cranston Branch
Job Title: Truck Driver
Reports To: Cranston Branch
FT/PT: Full Time
Drive an automatic/manual truck or van with a capacity under 26,000 GVW, primarily to deliver or pick up merchandise/parts. May be required to load and unload the truck. During the times when there aren’t any pick-ups or deliveries. The truck driver will perform general shop inventory and maintenance during these times. Experience with light vehicle maintenance, inventory management, order facilitation and time management is preferred.
- Mechanical Background a must.
- Drive automatic vehicles with capacities under three tons in order to transport materials to and from specified destinations such as job sites, offices
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas oil, water, tires, lights, and brakes in order to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Load and unload trucks, vans, or box trucks.
- Obey traffic laws, and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Read maps, and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Present bills and receipts, and collect payments for goods delivered or loaded.
- Turn in receipts and money received from deliveries.
- Maintain records such as records of cargo or billing statements in accordance with regulations.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles to the Fleet Coordinator.
- Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations to the office or jobsite project manager, using company issued cellular phone.
- Sell and keep records of sales for products from truck inventory.
- Use and maintain the tools and equipment found on commercial vehicles, such as weighing and measuring devices.
- Shop/stockroom inventory – this includes sorting small parts into their appropriate locations in the shop and stockroom.
- Shop maintenance including but not limited to, sweeping, returning small tools to the tool room, etc…
- High School Diploma
The candidate will be expected to have the following skill set
- Valid driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Courteous to customers
- Be on-time with pick-up/ deliveries
- Keep track of paperwork